Friday, January 8, 2010

America to England immigration advice?

I'm a 20 yr old female British citizen and my partner is an 18 yr old American. She is currently living with me on a tourist visa, I work and pay for everything we eat and do with no help off the government. But she has to leave here when her 6 month Tourist visa expires. I know there is no way for her to stay with me now, but when she goes back how do we get her over here on a more permanent basis? We are too young to be considered in a relationship - not sure how you can put an age requirement on love but there you go. She has a high school education and has some medical knowledge. I have been advised to get a solicitor to solve this for us but you never know I may find my answers here!





Many thanksAmerica to England immigration advice?
I don't think a lesbo can sponsor can sponser another lesbo for immigration purposes. You'll have to apply for a work permit or something.America to England immigration advice?
Why are you too young to be considered in a relationship? I don't understand. She's been here for 6 months, surely that ocunts for something. That aside your best bet would be to marry her %26amp; you owuld have to contact the Home Ofice for more info on that. It's not cheap nowadays to get a fiance visa though.
Am i reading this correctly. You are both female? I might be wrong but if she goes back to USA for a week or 2 she can come back on another 6 month visa. This is correct for someone going to USA from UK.
It would be worth asking Citizens Advice bureau - it's free and in every area. Good luck
She's 18 which means she probably just graduated from high school, right? Why doesn't she go to university there..
Do what all the other immigrants do to buck the system - get married!!





How do you think they do it....
She can come on a fiance visa if you get engaged. She will have to fill out an application, which costs around 拢500. Its quite a form that will ask you tons of questions. Your age shouldn't matter too much, I was 20 and my husband was 19 when I did this three years ago. The only thing with a fiance visa is that they like you to get married within 6 months, which is the length of the visa. After you're married she can then apply for a limited leave to remain, which will last two years. Then after that, she can apply for settlement and stay for the rest of her life.





This website helped me the most... www.ukvisas.gov.uk





The form can be used for same sex couples, like yourselves. Good luck with it! I know its a bit scary at first, but it will work out!





-Edit- Oh no, things have changed? I'm really sorry :( Keep trying though! Things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment