Friday, January 8, 2010

I want to go to college in america but i live in england. Advice please?

Hi. I'm 15, 16 at the end of the year. I finish compulsory education this time next year. I'm from england. After my GCSE'S i want to go to America and go to college, i'd be nearing 17 by then. But the thing is, i have no idea if this is possible, or even sensible seeing as i'd be young. My parents wouldn't move with me. Also, i have no idea where in America i'd move to. So i'm just asking for some advice. Also if anyone has been in this sort of predicament please post. Thanks :)I want to go to college in america but i live in england. Advice please?
You cannot move here until you are 18 and you must also find a college that you can afford and will accept you..And it depends on what you want to major in, as to where you will want to move..I want to go to college in america but i live in england. Advice please?
If I were you I would start by deciding what you would want to study in college in America. Then go on line and find out which colleges offer those studies. Then find out about costs for those schools and the possibilities of scholarships. Remember there are thousands of colleges in America from large to small. In big towns and small towns. Then discuss living in America far away from your family while you study. America is very different from England as far as food, dress and language. Our language is different in many ways from yours. And our social mores and activities are different. When you have put all of those factors together then you can start to make decisions. If you decide to come here to go to college I'm sure you will do well and it will be a wonderful experience for you and for America.
I hope you understand that US private schools are about 10 times as expensive as UK universities. Even the US state schools are 5 times the price for out of state students.





Unless your parents have $40,000 a year to spare, you will be going to school in the UK.





Even with a scholarship, it still cost $30,000 a year to send my Canadian daughter to a US school for 3 years. She did her first year in Canada.
Stay where you are. American colleges aren't all they're cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment