Friday, January 8, 2010

Personal Advice - should I do Teach for America or get my Master's at a university?

pros of doing Teach for America:


make a big difference


learn a lot of responsibility


be on my own and working, not in school


get about $9,000 reward toward grad school


live in the same city as my bf/maybe soon fiance (we live 5hrs apart now)





pros of starting grad school for a master's in ed.


get my master's out of the way


much easier than committing to teach for america and dealing with rough students, situations, etc.


would live closer to my mom%26amp;dad and best friends


wouldnt have to move to a new city





I really want to make a difference while I'm still young, and I think I'd learn a great deal of responsibility through T4A. But it's obviously hard, and a big commitment. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are much appreciated.Personal Advice - should I do Teach for America or get my Master's at a university?
if i were you i would apply for both. you would be surprised at the number of people who apply for teach for america...it can be a difficult selection process, and i'm not sure how they pick. i've met a few people in the program who didn't strike me as ';able'; and i've met people who were turned away that would make awesome teachers.





if you decide on teach for america, you may also want to apply for graduate admissions in the event that teach for america doesn't work out.Personal Advice - should I do Teach for America or get my Master's at a university?
Its better to do masters in ed age is on ur side with masters u can upgrade ur skills leran new teaching approaches and change ur personality

No comments:

Post a Comment