Friday, April 30, 2010

My husband's Ex is moving to South America and wants to take their son. Any advice would help...?

My husband's Ex is leaving in Nov. to South America to live with their son and we have Joint Custody of the boy who is 9. I know we have to go to court but I was wanting some advice if anyone else has gone through this, what does the courts usually do in these cases... We are really scared about all of this for we don't want to away from him, we are going to try to fight for Full custody and she can have him in summer... My question is what does the court normally do with these cases, and any advice on what we can do or say to help us... Thank YouMy husband's Ex is moving to South America and wants to take their son. Any advice would help...?
He may just get custody, depending on the judge, the same happened with my husband's ex. She was moving to Germany wanted to take the girls, he took her to court and the judge told her she could either give up custody or stay in the Country. She choose to stay and they continue having joint custody.My husband's Ex is moving to South America and wants to take their son. Any advice would help...?
So Sharon B., it's perfectly OK to split a father and his son up?





I would talk to a lawyer about this, and hope that the court sides with you, and maybe figure out how to argue that it is in the child's best interest to stay in the USA.
I'm not trying to be rude here but...you are not this child's mother. Seeing as courts usually side with the mother in cases of custody (unless of course she's proven very unfit), you probably don't have much of a chance at gaining sole custody.





I'm sorry.
That is NOT going to be easy for the mom. Even moving out of State is a big deal when batling custody. I don't think the judge will allow that, particularly because the child is a U.S. Citizen.
i would advise your husband .as hard as it will be, to avoid legal fess.
Why would you want to split a mother and her son up. The child has absolutely nothing to do with you.
The child's best interst is to be with the mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment