Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice from Teach for America Alums!?

Hello. I'm currently a senior at the University of Connecticut and I hope to apply for Teach for America next fall. I was wondering if there were any teach for america alums on this site and if anyone had any advice about whether to do it/not do it. I hope to be placed in a rural location..any tips? THANKS!Advice from Teach for America Alums!?
I am not with Teach for America, however, I have been teaching at an inner city school for several years and have seen many Teach for America teachers come and go. About 1/2 of them quit in the middle of the first year. The other half struggle to get a hold of the discipline. I would recommend volunteering at an inner city school to give you some strategies first for it seems that they do not have enough of the required training. Men usually outlast the women.

No comments:

Post a Comment