Sunday, December 27, 2009

Indian girl marrying an America man - advice please?

I am from India, and I came here for graduate school. I met a wonderful man, and we have been dating for a while now. We have decided to get married, and it is extremely hard for my family, who are still in India, to accept this. I would love to talk to other people who have been in a similar situation. Please share your experiences with me. I would love to know how you dealt with this situation, and what happened.





My family is not extremely conservative, and I wasn't raised that way. However, every Indian family is, especially when it comes to their daughters.





He is learning the language, and making efforts to learn our culture. He is a sensitive, kind, intelligent, hardworking man, and I would like people to share their experiences so that I can find the best way to portray this to my familyIndian girl marrying an America man - advice please?
First, you need to make sure that he is the right person for you. Second of all, you shouldn't care what your family thinks of who you date. It is YOUR life and you have to make decisions for yourself. Your family has no reason to have a problem with who you want to marry.Indian girl marrying an America man - advice please?
First of all...good luck!


Second of all....allow him to be natural.


End of the day, its your life. You got to make the choices. You have made one now. I am sure, you will make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment