Thursday, December 31, 2009

Advice on nannying in America.?

I know this is a bit of a random question but I'm studying education and english in the UK at the moment, I'm actually English myself, and I've pretty much spent my summer applying and failing to get crappy jobs. I've decided that next year will be different and my dream is to spend some time in New York City. As I'm studying to be in education I thought it would be an excellent idea to maybe spend the summer nannying, maybe in NYC! I was wondering what qualifications I have to have to do this, I have good experience of looking after young children as my mother is a childminder, I have volunteered in playschools and primary schools and I often nanny for my mothers clients. Has anyone done this? Has anyone had an English nanny in America? ANY advice would be welcome!Advice on nannying in America.?
Well, don't forget you'll need to get the proper visas and work permits, etc., too.





I would suggest you contact The Nanny Network website as they seem to have a big directory of placement agencies and referral services, etc., and offer advice to both nannies and the couples who hire them, so they'd probably be a good place for you to start.





Good luck, and the link below is to their webpage, and to the website of the US Department Of State Visa agency, too...Advice on nannying in America.?
I would go right to the source. Try posting the same question here:


http://newyork.craigslist.org/kid/





And set up the gig for next year ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment