Thursday, December 31, 2009

I need some advice with moving to America (schools, money ect).?

Hey guys,


I currently live in the UK, but I am planning to move to America to go to University. I will be moving there when I am 18, and have quite a few question. First of all, I won't be needing a passport, as I have an American passport due to my dad being american.


What I really want to know is:


- Could someone explain how the University system in America works?


- How do I go about selecting courses at an American University?


- What will I need to have all planned out to ensure that I can move over there with ease?


- What is student life in America like compared to the UK?





Thats all I can think of at the moment, but any other advice would be really helpful!





Thanks in advance guys!I need some advice with moving to America (schools, money ect).?
As the grandfaher of recently admitted USD student -


You need to apply well in advance (like one year) especially if seeking scholarship. You can easily contact any and all University webites for details. Most admintances are based on academic standing, otherwise athletics, and currently volunter or otherwise community service.


Most American University's start you in required basic general education courses in order to allow you select you future career interest.


Best source for making it easy, is searching and deciding on school of choice, then pursuing website for answer to most questions, including accomadations et al.


After many travel and contacts to/in the U.K. (and many years ago)


I would compare U.K. schools as much like U.S. parochial schools


(possibly a consideration for you) - much more disciplined.


Whereas U.S. is very open minded, especially with regard to college


students. Check out my University below:

No comments:

Post a Comment