Thursday, December 31, 2009

Coming back to North America and need advice on career options: What can I do?

Hey guys,


I'm hoping someone can help me here.


I've been living in Asia for the last 6 years teaching ESL to Asians.


I've been the manager of foreign teachers at two moderately sized English school chains.


I have a degree in English literature and minors in Philosophy and Psychology from an American university. However, I'm Canadian.


I have some creative writing experience and have been published a handful of times.


I have some business experience as well running my own moderately successful consulting firm based in China.


I can speak manageable Korean, Chinese and Japanese.





The problem is I don't want to be a teacher upon my return to North America and don't want to start in at an entry level position in some other type of work.





I'm 31 years old.





What type of positions can I reasonably expect to obtain? Is more schooling necessary for me to get something above an entry level position?





Any advice or thoughts would be helpful.


ThanksComing back to North America and need advice on career options: What can I do?
Well instead of being a teacher why don't you use your psychology skills and find a job in that area. And of course as the other person stated being a translator would also be a very good job. I am sure that you will not have to come here and get an entry level job because of your expertise. But whatever you choose good luck. I am sure the right job is waiting on you.Coming back to North America and need advice on career options: What can I do?
holy crap! wanna get married? lol
try to become as fluent in those languages as possible and be a translator.. they make pretty good bank and all you have to do is talk

No comments:

Post a Comment