Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am wanting to backpack South America and need some advice?

Since all my friends are losers and don't have the balls to go. I am wanting to go by myself. Is there area's where there are a lot of backpackers to meet up with in South America. Will $3000 be enough for a month? any suggestions on what city/countries to go? anybody heading down there anytime soon?I am wanting to backpack South America and need some advice?
I'll suggest Colombia because there is so much to do. And $3000 is more than enough for one month. You could easily make that last 2 months, but it depends on how you want to travel and whether you need to do a tour every single day. You will meet many other travelers in the hostels in every country you visit. Have fun! You won't regret the experience. Go to the Amazon!I am wanting to backpack South America and need some advice?
I backpacked in South America for 15 months with $5000.


3000/month gives 100/day - you have to spend less than $10 for a hotel room and if you eat in the market it costs $1-2 per meal. That leaves you will at least 80 bucks a day to have fun, minus bus trips that you take to get around the place - Those prices are ok for Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. don't know about Chile and Brazil, i think they are more expensive.





If you only have a month then I recommend that you don't try to fit too many sights/countries in, because roads are not always that good and buses can take a long time, especially in the mountains. You don't want to spend all your time and money on the bus.





I would recommend you go to the south of Peru and Bolivia, there is heaps to see - way more than a months worth. Those countries are really cheap, especially Bolivar.


you can see:


Pink dolphins, lake Titicaca, 1000 year old cactus, salt lakes, pink flamingos, volcanoes, jungle, mountains, indigenous cultures, women with funny little hats, machu picchu, other Inca ruins, desert with sand dunes, Cuzco, fossilised coral, piranhas and heaps more.
$3000 is more than enough.





You could afford hotels, but I would suggest staying in hostels because you will meet people much more easily that way.





I also travelled South America alone and as long as you're willing to approach people you won't be alone for long.





Be very careful though and guard yourself closely. I went as an experienced travel (not meant to suggest that you aren't) and still had a few difficulties here and there. So have fun, but never let your guard down!!
For the brazilian patterns, $ 3.000,00 is more than enough. Everything is cheap here. You can find an 4 star Ibis Hotel in the Northeast for only $ 25,00. Hostels, obviously, are much more cheaper than that. Food for backpackers? You must pay only $ 2 for a good meal. A beer in a bar: just $ 1.


Safe place I recommend: Pipa Beach, in Rio Grande do Norte, a nice place with nice people and great nights.
hi


i am planning a trip too by myself.i would suggest to take some more money -it depends what you are planning to do and where to go to.


when do you plan to go and where?maybe you can join me

No comments:

Post a Comment