Sunday, December 20, 2009

Advice from America needed, do I need a degree?

Heres my situation, its my dream to be a music video director, a well known one, I live in the UK but I hope to one day live and work in the USA as there's much more oppurtunity there for me I think.


At the moment I work as a video editor for an independent television company and I make low budget music videos in my spare time.





I spoke to a friend last night who wants to work in the same industry as me, and hes studying for a degree, and he said to me, if your from the UK and your looking to someday find a job in america working in the media industry then the degree is needed in order to give yourself a decent shot.


Its always been my idea that if you have alot of experience in the field then it wouldnt matter if yu had a degree or not.





Id love to hear the opinions of people actually from USA because its your country I hope to make an impression in!





Thanks in advanceAdvice from America needed, do I need a degree?
It's much harder to get a working VISA for the US without a degree. Most migrant workers enter using a H class Visa for which you need a bachelors degree or it's equivilent as a minimum.





For more info see: http://www.uscis.gov/





By the way I am not American but I worked in the US on an H1B for 3 years.Advice from America needed, do I need a degree?
get the degree

No comments:

Post a Comment