Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'd like to go to Central America next March but I can decide whether to go to Costa Rica or Belize, advice?

I'd like to go to either Belize or Costa Rica with my wife and 2 year old but I can't decide which place I'd like better. Both places look great. I just want it to know if anybody has been there and has any advice to offer as far as the place and things to do.I'd like to go to Central America next March but I can decide whether to go to Costa Rica or Belize, advice?
Both are great. Belize has more of a Caribbean vibe and Costa Rica feels more ';Latin.'; As someone else mentioned, Belize has Mayan ruins and you can zip over to Tikal for a day if you're into that sort of thing (it is fascinating to see). Costa Rica has volcanoes and mountains, plus great beaches. And I do think it's a bit cheaper.





Personally I found the people in Costa Rica to be warmer and friendlier. But if you are into snorkeling and diving, Belize is the place.





Enjoy!I'd like to go to Central America next March but I can decide whether to go to Costa Rica or Belize, advice?
You are smart to chose just one country because when you visit Central America, there are so many places to see and so lttle time. I did travel to Costa Rica and found it to be quite beautiful. The weather is warm in the daytime and cool at night. I did pass through Belize's airport but I did not have a chance to visit but I have heard that there are many beautiful beaches to explore there.
Depends upon what you want. Costa Rica has easily accessible rainforest and volcanoes. Its also cheaper I think.


Both have good beaches ( I haven't tried Belize's, though).


Belize has Mayan ruins, and Costa Rica doesnt. You could even see Tikal in nearby Guatemala, its the greatest Maya ruin of all.
Why either one of those? You might want to try some of the other countries in Central America. ;)


Costa Rica has some volcanoes but lacks a sense of culture, it's like they have a mix of all the other Central American cultures. They have nice beaches, nice weather (cooler than the rest of CA countries) and some volcanoes. But you might want to try Guatemala, I agree with what others have mentioned, about the Tikal and Mayan ruins, very fascinating. The thing is, Guatemala isn't that safe and since you're traveling with your family you might want to look for something safer.


You also have Nicaragua. The people is the best, very nice and warm, everything is pretty cheap. You can find beautiful islands such as Ometepe or Corn Island.


Or volcanoes like Masaya, Mombacho (which you can climb with tour guides-very nice), you'll find some canopy as well. You'll also find beautiful beaches such as Montelimar or San Juan del sur, which is famous for the good conditions for surfing.


Oh, the colonial city of Granada, i'm sure you would love it. It's so nice and colonial indeed, old churches, nice parks, friendly people. You'll also find las ';Isletas de Granada';, tiny little pieces of land floating on the Managua Lake....


I could go on... but it's up to you to decide.


Panama- you could visit the Panama Canal....i've been there twice, really nice, but not much to see
I have never been to either, but I would say Belize.
I talk to folks a lot about travel and read a lot of travel books and magazines. In my opinion, I like Costa Rica better.
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment