Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why don't adult children in America take grandma's advice about handling their children's behavior problems ?

I'm smarter now than when I was raising them. I watch Supernanny and Nanny 911 so I know what works %26amp; what doesn't, but my kids won't listen to me !Why don't adult children in America take grandma's advice about handling their children's behavior problems ?
well in my own case...my mom is an alcoholic who comes to me for parenting advice.. I'd gladly go to grandma for advice...if i had one!Why don't adult children in America take grandma's advice about handling their children's behavior problems ?
Well, for the most part I think those shows are more entertainment than anything else. You arent a better parent because you watch those shows, you only might be a better parent because you have experience. But... I think almost all adults retain just a lil bit of that teenage rebellion. I think to a certain extent people think their parents just dont get it, no matter how old either one are.
I take my moms advice alot but discipline is not one of her bests, her discipline is to give her precious little grandbabies whatever they want lol
because they don't want to make it look like they need help on handling their kids it gets on their nerves when someone tells them how to take care of their children.
';adult children';





oxymoron much?

No comments:

Post a Comment